Jack Brown: I'm ready to progress!
Big, powerful, strong, pacey, there are many superlatives which accurately describe the playing Style of City of Hull's star forward Jack Brown, who is turning heads at the highest level of Rugby League, despite being just 18 years of age. The uncompromising, reliable forward has recently signed a 3-year deal with Hull FC, and the Black and Whites weren't short of reasons to secure the future of this immensely talented Prop-Forward.
For the time being Jack is still a key member of the City of Hull Academy (CoHA) set up. I have covered CoHA on numerous occasions and you can watch Jack and his team in action by following the link at the end of this article.
I recently caught up with Jack to discuss his Grassroots story and his thoughts on signing a long term deal with Hull FC.
1. Talk us through your development and achievements at community level with East Hull.
"I joined East Hull when I was around 4 years old and played there until I was 16. My dad was my coach and that is the key reason why I have always been involved in rugby. We had a really good team and we won many cups, but the the national cup at 14s and Yorkshire Cup at 16s were the two main competitions we won."
2. What has been your best rugby memory so far?
"My best memory is representing England at under-18, it was a proud moment for me and my family".
3. For people who haven't seen you play, how would you describe your own playing style?
"A strong carrier with a decent offload"
4. How did you receive the news of your 3 year deal at Hull FC, and what are you looking forward to most in the next phase of your development?
"I received the news by a text, email and then a phone call! I’m looking forward to getting another preseason in and trying to progress through the ranks!"
5. What advice would you give to youngsters who are hoping to follow in your footsteps?
" The best advice I can give is to keep working hard, and keep trying your best!"
6. Lastly, what do you get up to outside of Rugby and what is your go-to pre-match song?
" I don't get up to much really, outside rugby I'm just chilling out and going on Xbox and stuff. I don’t really listen to music before a game, I just like to chill out!"
Thanks for taking the time to speak to GRM Jack! All the best with the next phase of your development from Grassroots to greatness!
Written by Shawn Boatin